Maingear announces 17.3-inch Nomad VR gaming notebook
Reseller of high-end gaming gear Maingear has announced the availability of its latest Nomad notebook. Like some of the latest Eurocom notebooks, the Nomad VR is based on (what we believe to be) a Clevo barebone with the ability to run on desktop Skylake processors (LGA 1151) and Nvidia GTX 980 graphics. This is compared to the recently refreshed Nomad 15 series based on an MSI barebone with "only" GTX 980M graphics. Overclocking of both the CPU and GPU is enabled for the Nomad VR.
Other features include a full-color keyboard backlight, Killer Doubleshot-X3 for utilizing both WLAN and RJ-45 for more reliable connectivity. The Nomad VR starts at $2800 at base specifications.
Specifications for the Nomad VR include:
- Up to an Intel Core i7-6700K (4.0 - 4.2 GHz Turbo Boost, 8 MB L3 Cache, Hyper Threading)
- 17.3-inch FHD IPS panel with G-Sync
- Up to 64 GB DDR4-2133 (4x SODIMM slots)
- Up to an Nvidia GTX 980 8 GB GDDR5 VRAM
- Up to 2x 512 GB NVMe Samsung 950 Pro SSDs in RAID 0 + up to 2x 2.5-inch SSD/HDD
- 2x 2 Watt speakers + subwoofer (Sound Blaster X-Fi MB 5)
- Removable 8-cell (89 Wh) battery
- Full Range 330 W AC adapter (DC output 19.5 V, 16.9 A)
- 5x USB 3.0, 1x USB 3.1 gen. 2, 2x mDP, 1x HDMI 1.4b, 2x Gigabit RJ-45
- 1x Microphone, headphone, Line-in, SPDIF
- 308.1 x 428 x 45 mm (L x W x H)
- 4.8 kg