Maingear updates Nomad 17 gaming laptop with NVIDIA GTX 980M graphics and new design
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer (AUS/NZL based) - Details here
Custom gaming PC builder Maingear announces today a substantial update to its entire range of gaming laptops, including the high-end Nomad 17 range. The Maingear Nomad 17 gets a new full aluminum chassis with "a clean yet bold design" and top tier NVIDIA GTX 970M and 980M graphics. According to the official press release, these new graphics cards can deliver "up to twice the gaming performance of the previous GTX 680M."
These are the highlights of the highly customizable Maingear Nomad 17 gaming laptops:
- Processor: up to Intel Core i7-4980HQ
- Memory/Storage: up to 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz; up to 4X256 GB SSD RAID 0 and 1 TB HDD
- Video card: up to NVIDIA GTX 980M with 8 GB GDDR5
- Display: 17.3-inch Full HD LED backlit, anti-glare
- Webcam: 1080p
- Optical drive: 2X Blu-ray reader/8X multi combo
- Audio: Sound Blaster Cinema 2 HD
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ac, RJ-45, RJ-11, HDMI, 6XUSB 3.0, 2XmDP, 1XIEEE-1394 Fire Wire
- Operating system: Windows 8 Home or Professional
- Weight/Dimensions: 8.59 pounds; 16.85X11.57X1.88 inches
Maingear Nomad 17 starts at $2,099 USD (with Intel Core i7-4800MQ, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD and NVIDIA GTX 970M with 3 GB) and can be customized and purchased directly from the company's website. These machines come with lifetime free labor and phone support, as well as one-year warranty.