MWC 2016 | Gionee debuts S8 smartphone
Chinese mobile phone maker is one of the few to launch handsets with a 5000 mAh battery and, at this year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the company announced its new brand identity and a new smartphone. The red square logo turned into a "G" turned into a smiley, while the S8 smartphone aims to bring "joy" to those into mobile photography and videography.
Gionee S8 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P10 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 64 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED capacitive multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels, 3D Touch
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 16 MP with Laser focus, f/1.8 on the back, [email protected] fps video recording with AKM4941 HD recording chip and sensitive microphones
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based Amigo OS 3.2
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.23 pounds; 6.07X2.95X0.27 inches
- Battery: 3000 mAh
In addition to the above, this handset also features a fingerprint reader integrated into the Home button, as well as an invisible loop antenna that allows global roaming. Unfortunately, availability and pricing details are not out yet.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros