MWC 2016 | Gionee debuts S8 smartphone
Chinese mobile phone maker is one of the few to launch handsets with a 5000 mAh battery and, at this year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the company announced its new brand identity and a new smartphone. The red square logo turned into a "G" turned into a smiley, while the S8 smartphone aims to bring "joy" to those into mobile photography and videography.
Gionee S8 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P10 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 64 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED capacitive multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels, 3D Touch
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 16 MP with Laser focus, f/1.8 on the back, [email protected] fps video recording with AKM4941 HD recording chip and sensitive microphones
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based Amigo OS 3.2
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.23 pounds; 6.07X2.95X0.27 inches
- Battery: 3000 mAh
In addition to the above, this handset also features a fingerprint reader integrated into the Home button, as well as an invisible loop antenna that allows global roaming. Unfortunately, availability and pricing details are not out yet.