Gionee W909 flip phone now official
The flip phone is not dead and, in fact, Gionee just made it look better than ever. The Gionee W909 flip phone runs Android, has a fingerprint reader, has a faux leather back, as well as reasonably slim bezels.
Gionee W909 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P10 SoC with Mali-T860 MP2 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 64 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: two 4.2-inch 720P LCD touchscreens
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 16 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB Type-C
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Amigo UI on top
- Battery/Autonomy: 2530 mAh
Unfortunately, the Gionee W909 will launch in China for roughly $615 USD. It should hit other markets in the future as well but probably will not make it to the US via any official channels. However, this is an interesting choice for the fans of the once popular clamshell design. We will get back to the Gionee W909 as soon as we hear more about it getting out of China.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros