Huawei GX8 now available in the US
Back in January, Huawei promised its new GX8 smartphone would land in the United States within the next couple of months. The company turned words into action really fast and the GX8 can now be purchased in the US via Huawei’s website as well as Best Buy’s online store. Starting tomorrow, it will also be available at NewEgg and select Best Buy brick-and-mortar stores.
The Huawei GX8 is a well-built mid-range 5.5-inch smartphone, priced at $349 (unlocked). It features a quite similar design and almost the same specifications to the Huawei-made Honor 5X handset. Curiously, the sub-brand device is $150 cheaper which will probably make it more appealing to a big chunk of potential buyers than the GX8.
The Huawei GX8 specifications are as follows:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage, as well as microSD slot
- Display: 5.5-inch TFT multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and 401 ppi
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP with OIS, sapphire lenses, and wide aperture on the back
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.37 pounds; 5.98X3X0.3 inches
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Fingerprint scanner