Huawei unveils the Mate 8 phablet
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Huawei unveiled the long-awaited Mate 8 phablet yesterday, as mentioned by most recent rumors and leaks. Soon after teaming up with Google to launch the excellent Nexus 6P handset, the Chinese phone maker is back in the spotlight, announcing this 6-inch handset powered by a Kirin 950 processor that will launch in Q1 2016.
Huawei Mate 8 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 950 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB and 32 GB, 4 GB and 64 GB, or 4 GB and 128 GB
- Display: 6-inch multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 16 MP on the back
- Connectivity: dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.0
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Colors: gray, black, gold, brown
The "starter" model with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage retails in China for roughly $470 USD, while the 4 GB/128 GB model has a price of almost $690 USD. Details about international availability and pricing are expected to show up at CES 2016, next to the handset itself.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros