Intel releases the 28-core Xeon W-3175X processor
Advertised by Intel as "a 28-core workstation powerhouse built for select, highly-threaded and computing-intensive applications such as architectural and industrial design and professional content creation," the Xeon W-3175X processor is now finally available for purchase. Announced back on October 8, 2018, the new chip comes with the most cores, threads, CPU PCIe lanes, and memory capacity of any Intel desktop processor.
Without further ado, here are the highlights of the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor:
- 3.1 GHz base frequency and up to 4.3 GHz thanks to Turbo Boost 2.0
- 28 cores and 56 threads
- 6-channel, up to 512 GB 2,666 MHz ECC DDR4 support
- up to 68 platform PCIe lanes
- 255 W TDP
- 38.5 MB Intel Smart Cache
- Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and Extreme Memory Profile support
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 support
- Asetek 690LX-PN all-in-one liquid cooler (sold separately for US$399)
Priced at US$2,999 a piece (tray version), the Intel Xeon W-3175X is available from system integrators that develop purpose-built desktop workstations.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros