Garmin moves towards new Instinct 2 and Instinct 2S stable update with Beta Version 10.08 Release Candidate build
Last month, Garmin released Alpha Version 10.05 for the Instinct 2 and Instinct 2S, as we discussed at the time. In the meantime, the company issued Alpha Version 10.06 and Alpha Version 10.07 before moving onto Beta Version 10.07. Seemingly, the latter had issues though, because Garmin then rolled out Alpha Version 10.08.
Now, it has announced Beta Version 10.08, an update that is another Release Candidate for the Instinct 2 series. In other words, v10.08 should reach all Instinct 2 series smartwatches if Garmin observes no critical issues during this final stage of beta testing. As always, Garmin will distribute Beta Version 10.08 via GCM, which enrolled smartwatches check daily. Typically, beta updates take several hours to finish transferring and applying, during which time your smartwatch should still be usable.
In a forum post, Garmin explains that Beta Version 10.08 contains fifteen changes from Beta Version 9.27. Specifically, the company has included nine new features, including Surf, Windsurf, and Kiteboard activities. Additionally, the new update has two improvements and seven bug fixes. While we have reproduced the full changelog below, you can find more details about Beta Version 10.08 in Garmin's corresponding forum post.
Beta Version 10.08
- Added Surf, Windsurf, and Kiteboard activities and the Tides app to all Instinct SKUs.
- Added app-specific notification icons for the Garmin Jr. and Garmin Messenger apps.
- Added an option to delete a copied activity from the device.
- Added additional course point icons for new Garmin Connect course point types.
- Added the setting for backlight behaviour when a key is pressed during sleep.
- Improved the power data screens by showing heart rate in the dial.
- Improved the delay when saving an activity.
- Fixed an issue where pausing and resuming a hunt activity could freeze the device.
- Fixed an issue where starting a sync from the watch could cause it to get stuck on the “Transferring” message.
- Fixed an issue where the HRV bar indicator could draw inconsistently on different pages.
- Fixed possible crash during Pulse Ox reading.
- Fixed track run alert number picker.
- Fixed issue where autodetected FTP value could be incorrect.
- Fixed issue where Personal Record alert could be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed auto step goal not updating.