Garmin Fenix 6, Enduro, Tactix and MARQ smartwatches receive Beta version 23.00 with new Training Status widget functionality
Garmin has released yet more beta updates for Fenix 6, Enduro, Tactix and MARQ series smartwatches. Earlier this week, the company issued Beta version 22.85, an update that only contained six changes from Beta version 22.83. For context, Beta version 22.85 arrived earlier this month with a Wi-Fi synchronisation fix. As for Beta version 22.85, Garmin claimed to have addressed two potential shutdown issues when using Garmin Pay and the music player.
Additionally, Beta version 22.85 fixed potential UI issues with the Acute Load History graph, HRV Status tip message and the Strength activity timer. Moreover, earlier builds contained a bug where non-solar versions of the Tactix Delta devices could not use the Public Map theme. According to Garmin, Beta version 23.00 is a Release Candidate build. In other words, it should reach all eligible smartwatches unchanged, even those not enrolled on Garmin's Beta Program. This is only true if Garmin observes no critical issues during public beta testing.
Garmin has included 18 changes in the changelog from v22.10 to v23.00, some of which were present in earlier beta builds. Garmin stresses that Beta version 23.00 will arrive through GCM, although it could take 24 hours before the builds arrives for your smartwatch. Typically, it takes a few hours for the update file to transfer from your smartphone to smartwatch too. Garmin adds that there are only two UI fixes from v22.85 to v23.00, this time for the Acute Load graph and the HRV Last Night graph. The full changelog between v22.10 and v23.00 is as follows:
- Added major update to Training Status widget. The main widget now displays Training Status, HRV, and Acute Load data. The widget also contains its own glance view containing Acute Load, Load Focus, VO2 Max, Recovery, Heat Acclimation, and Altitude Acclimation data.
- Added a new Acute Load graph and Heat Acclimation graph, which can be accessed via the updated Training Status widget.
- Improved race time predictions.
- Fixed a potential issue where random text would be displayed on InReach messaging.
- Fixed a potential issue where the Daily Floors Climbed Goal alert would not alert.
- Fixed a potential issue where Battery Saver mode would randomly turn on after an activity or accessing a menu.
- Fixed a potential UI issue where the watch face would only partially update.
- Fixed a potential issue where the Virtual Parter Time Ahead/Time behind would not update.
- Fixed a potential issue where the device would prompt to update software even when system software is up to date.
- Fixed a potential issue where swim workouts would loop back to previous sets.
- Fixed an issue in the Strength activity that would display an invalid value when the set timer goes over one hour.
- Fixed an issue when calibrating altitude via the DEM option where the prompt to enter sea level pressure was skipped.
- Fixed an issue where RCT could disconnect while on the widget glance.
- Fixed an issue where the device was not detecting floors climbed when in a Floor Climb activity as a part of a multisport.
- Fixed an issue on the Xero widget would be unable to acquire GPS.
- Fixed an issue where the non-solar version of the Tactix Delta devices were unable to use the Public Map theme. Tactix Delta devices can now access the Public Lands Map theme after selecting Public Lands on the Restore Theme setup menu.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where using a hot key to open a timer from the Spotify app will return the user to an empty screen.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would not properly sync privacy settings with Garmin Connect Mobile.