Dell refreshes the Vostro laptop line with Intel gen 7 HQ CPUs and Nvidia GTX 1000 GPUs
While Dell is upgrading most of its notebook / convertible series with Intel gen 8 ULV CPUs, the Vostro lineup will get only a gen 7 HQ CPU refresh, but at least the GPUs are upgraded to Nvidia’s GTX 1000 series. This means the new Vostro could be considered as decent options for gaming.
The new Vostro 7570 offers a bit of everything and makes for a great all-round laptop. The gen 7 CPU options include the i5-7300HQ and the i7-7700HQ, which have almost the same performance as the gen 8 ULV models, but consume more power, and these laptops provide bigger batteries in this sense. RAM options range between 8 and 32 GB of DDR4. The GPU options are especially varied, Dell allowing users to choose between the GTX 1050, the 1050 Ti upgrade and the GTX 1060 6 GB version.
The list of features also includes:
• 15.6-inch IPS display with 1080p resolution
• 1 TB SATA 6 gbps 5400 RPM HDD
• USB Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 supprt
• USB Type-A ports with PowerShare feature allows other devices to charge through the laptop
• Trusted Platform Module 2.0 for better data security
• Fingerprint sensor integrated in the touchpad
• 1 Gbps Ethernet + Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0
• 1x HDMI out and 1x VGA out
• SD card reader
• HD webcam
• 5.84 lbs weight
Prices start at US$1100 and the Vostro 7570 can already be ordered from Dell’s Hong Kong regional site.