Android Oreo released for the Xperia XZ Premium
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
German-English-Translator - Details here
HTC, HMD, and OnePlus may be set to deliver Android Oreo to users of their flagships devices but it is, once again, Sony who outdoes them all, with the company announcing the release of the Oreo update to its Xperia XZ Premium. Of course, this is the same Sony that released updates to Nougat just weeks after it was launched last year, so it's only expected. It also helps that Sony's take on Android is a lot similar to stock, which reduces work needed for UI modifications and other such processes.
Users of the XZ Premium on Reddit's r/Android have confirmed receipt of the update, with some claiming fixes for bugs like distortion, albeit without much changes to the UI that was seen on Nougat. The official press outlined a few changes:
- 3D Creator which allows users to scan objects and reproduce them as 3D avatars.
- Predictive Smile Capture that buffers images from the camera as soon as a smile is detected, allowing users to get great shots they would otherwise have missed.
- Autofocus bursts for improved camera AF.
- Improved audio quality from speakers and wireless headphones.
- App shortcuts that allow users to access action menus by long-pressing app icons.
The update, titled "47.1.A.3.254" will roll out in phases, so don't be too bothered if you don't get yours immediately.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros