AMD processors win 4 of the 5 "Best CPU" awards by TechSpot
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
The soon-to-be-released Intel processors might change the landscape once they arrive, but until they come out it looks like AMD is free to rule the desktop CPU market. In TechSpot's recently updated "Best of CPU" rankings, AMD chips ended up as the best processors in 4 out of all 5 categories.
Without further ado, these are — according to TechSpot — the best processors and the categories they dominate, as well as their closest competitors:
- Best Budget CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, Intel Core i3-8100
- Best All-Round Value CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i5-8400
- Best Value CPU for Productivity: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Intel Core i7-8700
- Best Gaming CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, no alternative
- Best Extreme Desktop CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X, Intel Core i9-7900X
For now, it seems that most home users and gamers should hold their purchases. The GPU and DRAM prices seem to be quite inflated these days, and SSDs are not that cheap anymore, either. In the near future, a lot of good things might happen — or not — and it will all start with the new high-end Intel chips.
Do you think that any of TechSpot's choices mentioned above are completely off? What would you have chosen? Let us know in the comments below.