Unconfirmed Diablo IV details spotted in 4-month-old leak, full class roster revealed
Two weeks ago, some details about Diablo IV were leaked on Reddit ahead of the BlizzCon show. The leaks were spot on for the most part and they were confirmed throughout the BlizzCon presentations. It looked like the user who leaked the info was associated with a marketing company working for Blizzard. Eager to find more details about the upcoming title, Diablo fans uncovered a Reddit post made this summer by a Blizzard employee that had the privilege to get an early look at Diablo IV version. At that time, everybody dismissed it as pure speculation, yet fans noticed that some details line up perfectly with what Blizzard presented at BlizzCon. The old post also mentions additional features that haven’t yet been confirmed, possibly because Blizzard decided to scrap them, or implement them in different forms.
Let’s get straight to the unconfirmed details and don’t forget to keep some of that tasty salt handy:
- Some of the features from Diablo III including the Kunai Cube, wardrobe loadouts, seasonal journeys, Rifts/G-Rifts could make a comeback
- In contrast, Blizzard took all the fan critique in regards to Diablo III’s mistakes very seriously and modified some key aspects accordingly
- The new soundtrack is supposed to pay homage to the Diablo 1 and 2 OSTs
- Diablo II Remake/Remaster was an option at some point, but Blizzard realized that the franchise actually needs a reboot that would combine the best features from Diablo 2 with modern mechanics
- The combat system focuses on combos and is designed to be console-friendly
- Tristram was one of the hub cities in the early preview
- In addition to Barbarian, Sorcerer and Druid, Blizzard plans to include Paladin and Amazon as part of the starting class roster. Necromancer is planned for the first expansion.
- Closed beta is planned for 2020
- Depending on how things go with the closed beta, launch could happen in late 2020 or early 2021
- Diablo IV will also be launched on Playstation 5 and Xbox Scarlett