The Xiaomi Redmi K20 & Mi 9T snag Android 10 update
Xiaomi upgraded the Redmi K20 and Mi 9T to MIUI 11 in October last year, but the devices remained on Android 9.0 Pie builds. By contrast, their Pro siblings graduated up to Android 10 builds of the Chinese company's OS. Last month, Xiaomi started pushing Android 10 builds Redmi K20 handsets enrolled on its China Beta channel, hinting that a stable Android 10-based version was in the offing.
Such a build has now come to fruition, meaning that Android 10 should now be rolling out globally for the Redmi K20 and Mi 9T. If you have not yet received the build via MIUI 11 Updater, then it should arrive within the next few weeks. The update, which Xiaomi has called V18.104.22.168, contains more than just an upgrade to Android 10, though. The changelog is as follows:
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019
- Increased system security
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Optimization: Localized payment security icon for India
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Please note that V22.214.171.124 is a 2.2 GB download, and may only download on Wi-Fi. The Mi 9T update carries the suffix QFJEUXM for reference, while Xiaomi has given the Indian Redmi K20 update the suffix QFJINXM. Both builds share identical changelogs, according to Piunikaweb.