The April update of Descendant XI comes with various minor changes, as well as support for the Xiaomi Mi 9/9 SE, Poco M2, and Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Those who missed the article regarding the experience I had using the Descendant XI ROM on my old Xiaomi Mi A1 can now check out the (very!) long list of supported devices and maybe they can try it on their own handsets. This ROM has just been updated with a few new features and the latest security patch from Google.
Without further ado, this is the official changelog that I received earlier today directly from the Descendant XI team:
- Weather Icon Set is now animated
- Improved Screenshot interface
- QS Pill will now show SIM data usage and events/alarms ONLY if available
- Permission Controller interface has been moved to the bottom and now fulfills the screen for better reachability
- Settings UI overhaul
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Google Calendar to be correctly themed
- Fixed an edge case that was preventing the correct functionality of QS Pill events/alarms when both of them were available
Always on display schedule
- Accessible from Settings -> Display -> Lockscreen -> Always on display schedule
System wide applock
- Accessible from Settings -> Security -> App locker
- New ringtone: Cybernetic Environment
In addition to the above, we should also mention the new devices that are now officially supported by Descendant XI: Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro, Xiaomi POCO M2, and Xiaomi Redmi 9. Since a few pictures are often more effective than a lot of words, feel free to check out the screenshots below, which have also been shared exclusively with us by the Descendant XI team (big thanks go to Dil3mm4, the founder and lead developer of this impressive custom ROM).
Own, Descendant XI (latest versions page)