Notebookcheck

Stardew Valley raked in over $1 million in its first month on iOS

Image via Stardew Valley (w/ edits)
Image via Stardew Valley (w/ edits)
Stardew Valley is a bonafide hit, and the success keeps rolling in. In its first three weeks on iOS, the game brought in over $1 million in revenue. In total, Stardew Valley has sold over 4.6 million copies, although it's likely sold many, many more.

Who knew that farming could be so lucrative?

The smash Indie hit Stardew Valley has passed another milestone. The farming/relationship builder simulator pulled in over $1 million in its first three weeks on iOS, which is tremendous for any app, let alone an indie game. Talk about a good debut month.

According to a report by Sensor Tower, a mobile app analytics company, most of the revenue comes from gamers in the United States. US would-be farmers accounted for about 41% of total downloads. Japan comprised another 12%. (The remaining 47% of downloads were not accounted for in the blog post.) About 25% of those downloads were for iPads, while the other 75% of downloads were true pocket farmers.

Stardew Valley had already sold 3.5 million copies across the PC, PS4, and Xbox One at the start of this year. It’s estimated to have sold more than 1 million copies on the Nintendo Switch since its release on that platform last fall. Based on the iOS revenue figures, Stardew Valley (which retails for $7.99 on Apple’s App Store) has been downloaded over 125,000 times, putting total units sold at about 4.6-4.7 million.

Not too bad for an Indie title made by a single person.

Working For Notebookcheck

Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!

Currently wanted: 
News and Editorial Editor - Details here

Source(s)

static version load dynamic
Loading Comments
Comment on this article
Please share our article, every link counts!
> Notebook / Laptop Reviews and News > News > News Archive > Newsarchive 2018 11 > Stardew Valley raked in over $1 million in its first month on iOS
Sam Medley, 2018-11-25 (Update: 2018-11-25)
Sam Medley
Sam Medley - Review Editor - @samuel_medley
I've been a "tech-head" my entire life. After graduating college with a degree in Mathematics, I worked in finance and banking a few years before taking a job as a Systems Analyst for my local school district. I started working with Notebookcheck in October of 2016 and have enjoyed writing news articles and notebook reviews. My areas of interest include the business side of technology, retro gaming, Linux, and innovative gadgets. When I'm not hunched over an electronic device or writing code for a new database, I'm either outside with my family, playing a decade-old video game, or sitting behind a drum set.