Stable MIUI 12 is not headed to all Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro handsets just yet as EU and Indian models receive underwhelming new updates
Xiaomi has upgraded the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro to MIUI 12 in China, as we reported yesterday. However, it seems as though those updates were not the start of a wider planned upgrade to MIUI 12 for Xiaomi's latest flagships. Instead, Xiaomi has pushed another set of MIUI 11 updates to the EU and Indian versions of the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro. The build numbers and download links of the new updates are as follows:
The updates have been moving from the Beta Stable to the Stable branches of MIUI. At least V220.127.116.11.QJAEUXM has been issued more widely so far. However, you can install any of the builds above to your corresponding Mi 10 or Mi 10 Pro without needing to unlock your device.
The three builds all contain the June 2020 security update, among other minor changes. It is unclear when Xiaomi plans to extend the rollout of MIUI 12 for the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro, but it typically updates its smartphones every month or so. If you have an Indian Mi 10, then your device should receive the following changes and fixes:
- Fix: Status bar colours weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- Optimisation: Control centre is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimisation: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control centre was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- New: Recently connected devices will be pinned on top of the list for a short time
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space