Samsung unveils Note5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+
After a while in the rumor mill, the new Exynos 7420-powered Android flagships from Samsung are finally official. The Note5 (no typo here) and Galaxy S6 Edge+ have nearly identical technical specs but come with different shapes and designs.
These are the highlights of the Samsung Note5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+:
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 7420 Octa SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED with 2,560X1,440 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 16 MP OIS back, both with F1.9
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO(2x2), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+, USB 2.0, NFC, GPS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 3,000 mAh with Fast Charging (both wired and wireless)
Just as expected, the Galaxy S6 Edge+ has a dual-edge screen. Both handsets come with LTE Cat.9 connectivity, but its availability may differ depending on market and wireless carrier. Colors available include Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium, next to the classic White Pearl and Black Sapphire.
According to the official press release that you can check below, both devices will hit the market starting this month. Prices depend on market and carrier and will be announced locally.