PlayStation 5 Showcase times and predictions: Show time for your zone and PS5 UI, God of War 2, Final Fantasy XVI, price, and pre-orders could be revealed
A lot is expected from the PlayStation 5 Showcase that is taking place on Wednesday September 16, and with a 40-minute runtime the show should be stuffed full of mainly juicy game-related information. It seems like it has been a very long wait for Sony to catch up with Microsoft in regard to showing off its next-gen console, but it appears the Japanese company has prepared a treat for the millions of PlayStation fans around the world. (There is a comprehensive list of the start time in multiple zones at the end of this article.)
Of course, there are many who will be wondering if Sony will show the PS5’s user interface at last, or whether there will be a look at the console from every angle, or even a surprise unveiling of a potential third SKU. But the official PS5 blog has made it clear that the PlayStation 5 Showcase will be about checking out the “great games” and learning of the “latest titles” – so it would be a wise viewer who keeps their expectations in check.
Predictions and rumors have started appearing online, and an especially interesting wishlist has come courtesy of GermanStrands (@GermanStrands). Along with the PS5 UI and a better look at the system as a whole, this particular fan is hoping for some big-name game revelations: Spider-Man: Miles Morales gameplay and details, information and gameplay for Demon’s Souls, a glance at The Last of Us Part II multiplayer mode, Final Fantasy XVI timed exclusive confirmation, and most optimistically – an appearance from Kratos in some kind of God of War 2 for the PS5 unveiling.
It’s a fine list and even if only one or two of those are accurate predictions, it should still be an exciting show. However, it will be the PS5 prices and pre-order details that will be on most minds. While the prices may have just been leaked, the pre-order date and launch date seem to be still firm secrets, regardless of some best guesses on social media. It’s likely Sony won’t want Microsoft to have too much time to attract the undecided buyers though, with the Xbox Series X/S pre-orders beginning on September 22.
The PlayStation 5 Showcase starts at:
- 1:00 pm PDT (Los Angeles, Vancouver, Seattle)
- 2:00 pm MDT (Denver, Calgary, Guatemala City)
- 3:00 pm CDT (Mexico City, Chicago, Lima)
- 4:00 pm EDT (New York, Toronto, Havana)
- 5:00 pm (Buenos Aires, Santiago de Chile, São Paulo)
- 8:00 pm UTC (Accra, Reykjavik)
- 9:00 pm BST (Dublin, Lisbon, London)
- 10:00 pm CEST (Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Johannesburg, Rome, Paris, Madrid, Stockholm, Zürich, Oslo)
- 11:00 pm MSK (Jerusalem, Moscow, Istanbul, Riyadh)
- 12:00 am (Sep 17) (Dubai)
- 1:30 am (Sep 17) IST (Mumbai, New Delhi)
- 3:00 am (Sep 17) (Jakarta, Bangkok)
- 4:00 am (Sep 17) CST (Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Perth)
- 5:00 am (Sep 17) JST (Tokyo, Seoul)
- 6:00 am (Sep 17) AEST (Sydney, Melbourne)
- 8:00 am (Sep 17) NZST (Auckland)