Gigabyte readies new BRIX PRO mini PCs with Intel Tiger Lake-U CPUs
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Gigabyte is updating its BRIX PRO mini PC lineup with three new SKUs powered by i3, i5 and i7 Tiger Lake-U CPUs from Intel. The new models are a bit longer than usual, as Gigabyte is now providing 1.16 liter enclosures. These are semi-barebones systems, since Gigabyte only provides the enclosure with motherboard and CPU, so users need to add RAM and storage solutions separately.
The three CPU variants offered by Gigabyte include the i3-1115G4 dual-core, the i5-1135G7 quad-core and the i7-1165G7 quad-core. Only the i3 model comes with a 48 EU UHD iGPU, while the i5 and i7 CPUs integrate the new Xe-LP GPUs with 80 and 96 EUs, respectively. Otherwise, all three SKUs are identical as far as features go.
Users may add up to 64 GB of DDR4-3200 RAM via 2x SO-DIMM slots, and the storage side can be populated with an M.2 PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe SSD, along with another PCIe Gen 3 X4 NVMe SSD and a SATA III SSD or HDD.
Other features include:
- Intel 2.5 GbE LAN + Intel AX201 Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth 5.0
- Realtek ALC 255 Audio codec
- Front connectors: 4x USB-A 3.2, mic+headphone audio jacks
- Rear connectors: 4x HDMI 2.0b video outputs, 1x Thunderbolt 4, 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, dual GbE jacks
- 135 W external power supply able to support PL2 settings upwards of 70W, so users can easily overclock the CPUs
Pricing information has not been revealed as of yet, but the three new BRIX PRO variants are expected to hit online retailers this November.