Asus makes available the ZenFone Max ZC550KL smartphone
Asus is now accepting pre-orders for the 5.5-inch ZenFone Max (ZC550KL), which is just one of many variants of its successful ZenFone series of smartphones. The Max is notable for its very dense battery capacity of 5000 mAh that also doubles as a power bank for charging other devices. Most other 5.5-inch smartphones carry batteries of around 3000 mAh in comparison.
The ZenFone Max is available in Black starting at around 250 Euros. See our review on the ZenFone 2 and ZenFone 2 Deluxe for more information on the chassis and series. Core specifications include:
- 5.5-inch 720p display w/ Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC
- 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16 GB eMMC w/ MicroSD support up to 128 GB
- LTE Cat. 4 (DL/UL: 150/50 Mbit/s)
- Dual SIM, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 w/ A2DP
- WLAN 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Android 5.0 Lollipop w/ Zen UI 2.0.
Asus is promising an update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow sometime in the near future, but is providing no exact roll out date for the moment. Android updates have historically been rather slow and so an update later in the year would be much more likely than a month or so after launch.