Asus ZenFone Zoom ZX551ML now available for pre-order
In addition to the existing ZenFone Laser and ZenFone Max, Asus is expanding its smartphone series even further with the ZenFone Zoom. This particular variant will integrate a 13 MP rear camera with 3x optical zoom along with the usual optical image stabilization (OIS). The zoom covers a focal length between 28 and 84 mm with 10 Hoya lenses and a laser auto-focus system that promises a focusing speed as fast as 0.03 seconds. The ZenFone Zoom will launch in parts of Europe for 550 Euros.
The ergonomics of using the camera has been improved to accommodate the special lenses via separate buttons for shooting photos and videos. Otherwise, Asus has equipped the device with LTE connectivity, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, and a quad-core 2.33 GHz Atom Z3580 SoC (Moorefield) with an integrated PowerVR G6430 GPU. The Asus ZenFone 2 series in notable for its use of an Intel SoC rather than the more common MediaTek or Snapdragon solution.
As for software, users can expect Android 5.0 with the ZenUI interface. Asus claims it will update the system to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, though no specific date or time frame has been given.
Technical specifications of Zenfone Zoom ZX551ML according to manufacturer:
- Operating system: Android 5.0 (Lollipop) & ZenUI, Update to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) in the near future
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR3
- Display: 13.9 cm (5.5"), TruVivid, WideView, Full HD, Corning Gorilla 4 Glass
- Processor: Intel Atom Z3580, (2.33 GHz, 2 MB Intel Smart-Cache)
- Storage: 64 GB eMMC + 100 GB Google Drive (2 years) + 5 GB Asus Webstorage
- Compatible bands: 4G/LTE Cat.4 (150/50 Mbps) Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/17/20 (2100/1900/1800/1700AWS/850/2600/900/700/800 MHz), 3G/HSPA+ (42/5,76 Mbps) 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz, 2G/EDGE/GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Single micro SIM: 2G/3G/4G
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, microSD (SDXC) reader (up to 128GB) 1x Microphone/headphone, 1x micro-USB
- Sensors: G-Sensor, E-Compass, Proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- Camera: Rear 13 MP, 3x optical Zoom with 10 lens Hoya-periscope mechanism, optical 4-Stage stabilizer (OIS), Laser auto-focus| Front 5 MP, wide-angle 88° (140° Panorama Selfie) Separate photo and video controls
- Battery: Li-Polymer, 3000 mAh, Asus BoostMaster Quick Charge (0 to 60% in 39 Minutes)
- Dimensions, Weight: 158.9 x 78.84 x 11.95 mm / 185 g
- Accessories: AC adapter, cable, manual, warranty card, headphones, wrist strap, ZenFlash (External Xenon flash)
- Warranty: 24-month warranty depending on region
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros