Asus launches sub-US$1,000 Zenbook 13 with Intel i5-8250U and GeForce MX150
Asus announced the refreshed Zenbook 13 series back in August 2017, but the models are only now coming to the Western markets. As a member of the updated Zenbook 13 family, the UX331UN model now includes the gen 8 Intel i5-8250U quad-core/8-thread CPU clocked at 1.6 GHz by default (3.4 GHz Turbo) that integrates 6 MB SmartCache and the UHD Graphics 620 iGPU. It also comes with 8 GB of LPDDR3 RAM, a 256 SATA3 M.2 SSD and a discrete Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB GPU for light gaming.
Other features include:
• 13.3-inch FHD IPS touchscreen supporting Asus Pen
• illuminated Chiclet keyboard
• VGA Webcam
• WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2
• Harman Kardon stereo speakers and array mic
• micro SD card reader
• fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello integration
• connectors: 2 x USB 3.1 Type-A, USB 3.1 Type-C, audio jack, HDMI 1.4 port
• 50 Whr battery that can last for 14 hours with fast charging option
• 0.5-inch thickness and 2.5 lbs weight
• Royal blue or Slate grey color options
• Windows 10 Home 64-bit preinstalled
The Zenbook 13 UX331UN can be pre-ordered from Amazon, Newegg and B&H for US$999 right now, but the model will begin shipping on February 19. Make sure to also check our review of the i7-8550U sibling.