IFA 2014 | Asus announces ZenWatch smartwatch
After teasing it for weeks, Asus has finally unleashed their first smartwatch at this year's IFA 2014 show in Berlin. This Android Wear-powered device is called ZenWatch and is built using premium materials, including a semi-curved AMOLED display and a brown leather strap with quick-release clasp design. Its screen has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, while the whole smartwatch is IP55-certified for protection from water.
Asus ZenWatch has the following technical specs and features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB RAM; 4 GB eMMC internal storage
- Display: 1.63-inch curved AMOLED touchscreen with 320X320 pixels and 278 ppi
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB on charging cradle
- Sensors: 9-axis, biometric
- Operating system: Android Wear
- Battery: Polymer 1.4 Wh
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.16 pounds; 1.99X1.56X0.31-0.37 inches
This wearable works together with any device loaded with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or later and can monitor a range of health-related values with Asus' Wellness app, but can also be used as a time manager or remote control to help with presentations/lectures.
Pricing and availability of the ZenWatch in the US have not been announced yet, but Asus revealed a price of 199 EUR in Europe, where it should hit the market next month.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros