Epic Cellular introduces Mini and Signature Edition watchphones
While most smartwatches currently on the market need a smartphone companion to fully unleash their potential, the Epic Cellular line of watchphones "are capable of replacing user’s day-to-day cellular devices." These two devices can be worn as a necklace or on the wrist and allow their users to send and receive phone calls, write messages, go online, take high quality photos and even more.
According to the official press release, the Epic Mini and Epic Signature Edition "operate on unlocked GSM SIM cards that are compatible with any carrier and provide service anywhere in the globe." These are their highlights:
- Display: 2-inch LCD
- Cameras: 1.3 MP HD camera with video recording
- Storage: up to 32 GB, internal
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Autonomy: up to 74 hours with 6 hours of talk time on a single charge
- Operating system: Java
- Sensors: heart rate, health tracking
- Colors: black or silver (Signature Edition) and red, white, or black (Mini)
The Epic Watchphones family is available for pre-order on Indiegogo for $220 USD (Mini) and $249 USD (Signature Edition).