LG announces G Watch R smartwatch
LG Electronics will show its first round smartwatch next week at IFA 2014 in Berlin, but they unveiled its specs and features earlier today. The official press release reveals that "The LG G Watch R is the world’s first watch-style wearable device to feature a circular Plastic OLED (P-OLED) display and utilizes 100 percent of its watch face."
LG G Watch R has the following highlights:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB RAM; 4 GB eMMC internal storage
- Display: 1.3-inch P-OLED with 320X320 pixels
- Sensors: 9-axis (accelerometer, gyroscope, compass), heart rate, barometer
- Operating system: Android Wear, compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (or higher)
- Battery: Lithium-ion 410 mAh
Same as Samsung's upcoming Gear S smartwatch, the G Watch R is IP67-certified for protection from water and dust. It will only be available in black and its pricing and date of release have not been announced yet. The G Watch R will be present at IFA 2014 in Hall 11.2 of Messe Berlin between September 5 and September 10.