Intel Basis Peak wearable coming in November
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor - Details here
Intel-owned Basis introduced last week their new wearable, a device simply called Peak. They describe this gadget as "the ultimate fitness and sleep tracker" that is capable of combining advanced lifestyle and activity tracking with smartwatch capabilities.
Intel Basis Peak packs the following highlights:
- Forged aluminum body
- High contrast touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Customizable soft silicone straps
- Water resistance up to 5 ATM
- Advanced sleep analysis, including sleep stages and quality
- Smartwatch notifications from iOS and Android devices, features a vibration motor for alerts
- Sensors: heart rate, skin temperature, perspiration, motion
- Automatic activity tracking, detects walks/runs/bike rides, but also sleep and wake times
- Battery life up to four days, magnetic charging cradle
The Basis Peak wearable will hit the US market in November for a price of $199.99 USD. It will go on sale "at select retailers including Amazon, Best Buy and REI as well as mybasis.com" and will reach the UK and Canada later this year as well.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros