Android 10 reaches the Huawei Mate 20 Lite
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
The rollout of EMUI 10 has been progressing steadily since Huawei began issuing the OS update to the Mate 20 Pro last month. The Chinese company then upgraded the P30 Pro to its Android 10-based OS, before moving onto the Mate 20 and P30 earlier this month. Even some Honor smartphones like the View 20 and Nova 5T, among others, have their version of EMUI 10 too.
Now, EMUI 10 has reached the Mate 20 Lite, the budget entry in the Mate 20 series. While you can upgrade your device through the HiCare app, please note that this is a release preview build. While release previews are more stable than beta builds, they still contain some bugs, an overview of which we have provided below:
- Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This issue can be resolved only after a compatible app versions are released.
- Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10, and may encounter issues when sending images. Restart the app to fix this issue.
- Silent mode will be enabled by default for notifications from instant messaging apps if you disabled sound and vibration alert for them before installing the update. The alert mode can be modified in the app settings according to your preferences.
- For apps with the App-twin feature enabled, this update might allow the twin app to read the Message content. Disable and re-enable the App twin feature to fix the issue.
- The screen might flicker during certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the issue.
- Samsung watches might automatically disconnect from your phone after a certain period. This issue will be resolved in a later version.
All but two of these issues can be addressed by restarting or resetting those apps that are affected, and should not impact upon daily use. The build is also a 4.04 GB download, so please keep that in mind if you have a metered internet connection. Additionally, release previews are the final stage before OEMs release stable builds, so you should not have long to wait if the issues listed above would affect you. Huawei has not given a specific date when it will start rolling out stable EMUI 10 builds to the Mate 20 Lite, though.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros