Xiaomi rolls out MIUI 12.5 and Android 11 to the Mi 9T Pro and Redmi K20 Pro in India
The Mi 9T Pro and Redmi K20 Pro may be older handsets now, but they are still some of the first to receive Xiaomi's latest OS. Earlier this week, Xiaomi rolled out MIUI 12.5 to devices on MIUI's European branch, which followed an equivalent update that the company released to global handsets in June.
Xiaomi still has to update the pair in China and Russia, but it can now tick MIUI's India branch off its list. According to a Mi Community post, V220.127.116.11.RFKINXM is now available as a Beta Stable download, which also brings Android 11 to Indian devices. Xiaomi stresses that it is pushing V18.104.22.168.RFKINXM to 'select users', but the recovery ROM has already leaked.
Typically, it takes a week or so for a build to move from Beta Stable to Stable. Xiaomi releases Beta Stable to check if it missed any bugs internally, which it sometimes does. In practice, most Beta Stable builds transition to Stable ones without any changes. If you are interested in trying V22.214.171.124.RFKINXM early, then you can try to install it manually by downloading the build from Xiaomi's servers. We have included the changelog for V126.96.36.199.RFKINXM, too.
- Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro - V188.8.131.52.RFKINXM
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- New: Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off
- [Status bar, Notification shade]
- Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data
- Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases
- Fix: Floating notifications weren't displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Fix: Notification badges weren't updated for incoming notifications on a locked device