Waterproof HTC One M8 arrives in Japan as J Butterfly
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
HTC One M8 will soon reach Japan with a few changes, the most important one being its compliance with the IPX7 waterproof standard, next to the improved front camera. The handset is called HTC J Butterfly and will be sold by KDDI and Okinawa Cellular starting later this month.
These are the main specs and features of the HTC J Butterfly:
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- Display: 5-inch multitouch LCD with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP back (no dual lens like the One M8)
- Conectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.34 pounds; 5.7X2.75X0.39 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 2,700 mAh; 16.5 hours talk time and up to 490 hours standby
HTC J Butterfly is IPX5/IPX7-certified for protection from water and also complies with the IP5X standard for protection from dust. The handset will ship together with a pair of JBL earphones and the "Dot View" case. Pricing and other details will be announced at the HTC Conference Tokyo 2014 which will take place on August 19.