Waterproof HTC One M8 arrives in Japan as J Butterfly
HTC One M8 will soon reach Japan with a few changes, the most important one being its compliance with the IPX7 waterproof standard, next to the improved front camera. The handset is called HTC J Butterfly and will be sold by KDDI and Okinawa Cellular starting later this month.
These are the main specs and features of the HTC J Butterfly:
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- Display: 5-inch multitouch LCD with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP back (no dual lens like the One M8)
- Conectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.34 pounds; 5.7X2.75X0.39 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 2,700 mAh; 16.5 hours talk time and up to 490 hours standby
HTC J Butterfly is IPX5/IPX7-certified for protection from water and also complies with the IP5X standard for protection from dust. The handset will ship together with a pair of JBL earphones and the "Dot View" case. Pricing and other details will be announced at the HTC Conference Tokyo 2014 which will take place on August 19.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros