Sony intros Xperia M2 Aqua waterproof smartphone
Sony announced earlier today the arrival of a new member from the Xperia family of devices, a waterproof smartphone which they advertise as "the first smartphone to bring Sony’s popular waterproof technology to a mid-range price-point." Although Xperia M2 Aqua has mid-range specs, it comes with IP65/68 waterproof rating, which is the highest available in a smartphone right now.
Sony Xperia M2 Aqua has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 4.8-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 540X960 pixels and 229 ppi
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n with hotspot and WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 LE with A2DP, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, NFC, DLNA
- Cameras: 480p front, 8 MP back with autofocus and LED flash
- Operating system: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Dimensions/Weight: 5.51X2.83X0.34 inches; 0.33 pounds
- Battery: lithium-ion 2,300 mAh, embedded
The handset can play music for over 37 hours, it can provide over 12 hours of talk time and up to 641 hours in standby, both when connected to a 3G network. It will be available for purchase "from Autumn 2014 to markets including Latin America, Asia Pacific and Europe" in black or white. For more information, please check the press release below.