Virgin Mobile introduces the Reef, its first waterproof smartphone
Advertised as "a smartphone that's not afraid to party poolside," the Reef is the first waterproof handset to join Virgin Mobile's lineup. This Android powered smartphone is made by ZTE and can spend up to 30 minutes in up to 3 feet of water, being IPX7 certified.
Featuring support for Virgin Mobile's 3G network, the Reef offers the following main features:
- CPU: 1 GHz single core
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB; microSD slot, up to 32 GB
- Display: 4-inch, 480X800 pixels touchscreen
- Camera: 5 MP rear camera with HD video capability, VGA front camera for chat
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi
- OS: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Weight/Dimensions: 4.5 oz; 5x2.55x0.44 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 1,650 mAh; up to 9 hours talk time and 6.8 days in standby mode (when connected to a 3G network)
Additional features include GPS, compass, light and proximity sensors, as well as built-in support for Picasa and for uploading videos to YouTube (a YouTube player app is also included).
The ZTE Reef costs $149.99 (with free shipping and Virgin's 30-day money-back guarantee) without any contracts.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros