Samsung Convoy 3 now available on Verizon
Verizon Wireless made the Samsung Convoy 3 available for purchase via its website earlier today, advertising it as able to handle "outdoor hobbies, harsh job sites, and everyday life". The Convoy 3 is a flip phone that comes with support for Push to Talk voice messaging and its ruggedized design has been certified to meet the MIL-STD-810F military standard.
Offering support only for CDMA networks, the Samsung Convoy 3 has the following main features:
- CPU: 480 MHz QSC6185
- Memory/Storage: 256 MB RAM; 512 MB ROM and microSD slot, up to 32 GB
- Display: 2.4-inch QVGA LCD, 240X320 pixels
- Camera: 3.2 MP rear camera with flash
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0, USB
- Weight/Dimensions: 4.23 oz; 4.07 x 2.04 x 0.82 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 1,300 mAh Li-Ion; up to 390 minutes talk time and 18.8 days in standby
The Convoy 3 comes loaded with applications such as Opera Mini, Backup Assistant or Media Center and is capable of connecting to Facebook and Twitter.
The handset also features GPS and meets the MIL-STD-810F military standard for protection against the following hazards: shock, dust and sand, vibration, humidity, low pressure, high and low temperature, temperature shock, salt fog, and solar radiation.
Having a full retail price of $199.99, the Samsung Convoy 3 can be purchased online for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and with a two-year contract.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: