Kyocera Hydro Icon hits Boost Mobile on June 17
Boost Mobile announced earlier today the arrival of the latest waterproof Android smartphone from Kyocera, the Hydro Icon. The handset will go on sale in Boost Stores on June 17 and has a MIL-STD 801G certified design that guarantees protection from vibration and mechanical shocks.
Described by Kyocera as "everyday durable," the Hydro Icon has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926
- Memory/Storage: 1.5 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 4.5-inch qHD, impact-resistant capacitive touchscreen
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: LTE 4G and ELTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, NFC, micro-USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.31 pounds; 5.02X2.5X0.43 inches
- Battery: 2,000 mAh with Eco-Mode and MaxiMZR power management tools, support for PMA wireless charging
Next to 801G, this handset is also IP57 certified, thus being able to survive in up to 3.28 feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
Since the Hydro Icon is a rebranded Hydro Vibe which was introduced by both Sprint and Virgin Mobile last month, the handset also features Kyocera's Smart Sonic Receiver audio tech and will even have the same price - $149.99 USD off-contract.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: