HTC Desire EYE coming to the US this month
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
HTC held its "Double Exposure" press event in New York yesterday and finally unveiled the long-rumored Desire EYE handset. This Android KitKat smartphone borrows most of its specs from the HTC M8 flagship but packs high-quality 13 MP cameras on both rear and front. Next to it, HTC also announced the RE handheld camera, the EYE Experience software update, and the Zoe collaborative video editing app.
HTC Desire EYE has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage with microSD support up to 128 GB, as well as 50 GB free Google Drive cloud storage
- Display: 5.2-inch Super LCD 3 capacitive multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and 423 ppi
- Cameras: 13 MP f/2.2 and 22 mm front, 13 MP with f/2.0 and 28 mm back, both wide angle with dual LED flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB 2.0, NFC, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6.0 UI
- Battery: non-removable 2,400 mAh
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.34 pounds; 5.97X2.91X0.33 inches
- Colors: Coral Reef (white and red) or Blue Lagoon (light blue and dark blue)
The new Desire EYE is IPX7-certified for protection from dust and water (can spend up to 30 minutes in up to 3 feet of water without taking damage).
HTC Desire EYE will launch in the US later this month as an AT&T exclusive while major carriers in EMEA and Asia will also get it before the end of October. Unfortunately, there is no official information on pricing available yet.