Nintendo Switch firmware update 8.0 comes with zoom, new game sorting options, and more
Nintendo has just unleashed a new firmware update for both the Nintendo Switch hybrid console and its controller. However, the controller's new software does not come with any noticeable changes, so we will focus on the changes that come with the firmware update 8.0 for the Nintendo Switch instead.
Without further ado, these are the highlights of the Nintendo Switch firmware update 8.0 release notes:
- Sort Software (by time last played, total play time, title, publisher)
- View All Available News option now available within News
- Transfer Your Save Data (allows save data to be moved between Nintendo Switch systems without the need of a Switch online subscription, but the data will be removed from the source system upon completion)
- Zoom feature added to System Settings (press HOME twice to activate)
- VR Mode (3D Visuals) restriction available within Parental Controls
- a few name changes ("Save Data Cloud Backup" to "Save Data Cloud" and "Transfer Your User and Save Data" to "Transfer Your User Data")
Obviously, the new firmware also includes general stability and performance improvements. The Nintendo Switch has been released back in March 2017 and is still globally available for purchase. As of December 31, 2018, Nintendo had shipped over 32 million units worldwide.