MSI GT72VR Dragon Edition now available with GTX 1070 GPU
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
MSI showed off nearly its entire gaming G series lineup at CES 2017 updated with both Kaby Lake and Pascal hardware. Now we can add one more system to the mix with the GT72VR Dragon Edition that replaces the existing GT72 Dragon Edition we reviewed last year.
The Dragon Edition chassis is identical to the venerable GT72 but with a bright red brushed aluminum outer lid adorned with MSI's signature dragon logo. Expect high-end internals including the i7-7700HQ CPU and GTX 1070 GPU alongside a high starting price of about 2400 Euros. The manufacturer will also be throwing in a new Siberia 200 gaming headset with each purchase.
We're a bit disappointed to see that the more powerful GT73VR successor has yet to receive the same Dragon Edition skin treatment. Unlike the GT72, the GT72VR has actually dropped a few features in order to make the GT73VR more appealing to hardcore gamers.
Technical specifications of the MSI GT72VR 7RE-493 Dominator Pro Dragon Edition according to the manufacturer:
- Intel Core i7-7700HQ Kaby Lake processor
- Windows 10 Home
- Limited Dragon Edition in special red design
- GeForce GTX 1070 GPU
- DDR4-2400 RAM
- Anti-glare 17.3" True Color FHD display
- 120 Hz panel for smooth Gameplay
- Fast M.2 NVMe SSD + secondary storage options
- Cooler Boost 4 Dual fan cooling
- SteelSeries multi-color backlit keyboard
- Killer DoubleShot Pro gaming network card with KillerShield
- Dynaudio High End Sound system with Nahimic 2 Audio Enhancer software
- MSI Dragon Center software for easy system controls
- Includes 1 year Premium license for XSplit Gamecaster
- Extra Bonus: Exclusive SteelSeries Siberia 200 gaming headset