Lenovo ThinkPad E470: Already on sale in Australia
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Lenovo has released the first Kaby Lake ThinkPad, the E470, in Australia and New Zealand without any formal announcement. Subsequently, the specifications are now public:
- 14" FHD (1.920 x 1.080) IPS Anti-Glare / HD (1.366 x 768) TN Anti-Glare Display
- Intel Core i3-7100U / i5-7200U / i7-7500U (Kaby Lake)
- Intel HD 620 / Nvidia GeForce 940MX (2GB DDR3)
- Up to 32 GB 2.400 MHz DDR4 RAM (2 Slots), up to 1 TB 2.5" HDD / 256 GB SATA III SSD
- 2x USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, Gigabit-Ethernet, 3.5mm Audio, 4-in-1 Cardreader
- ThinkPad Dual-Band Wireless-AC (2x2 Wifi, 802.11ac), Bluetooth 4.1
- 45 / 65 W Power Adaptor, 45 Wh Lithium-Polymer Battery
- Starting at 1.9 kg, 339 x 242 x 22,4 mm
The differences compared with the ThinkPad E460 are more on the nuanced side. There are some design differences, but the models are fairly similar in specs. The E470 is thinner, but not by much. The battery is 2 Wh smaller, and the new model seems to be slightly heavier. Internally, Lenovo now uses the newer DDR4 memory standard and the Nvidia GeForce 940MX is the new optional GPU option (instead of the AMD Radeon R7 M360). Apart from these changes, the Onelink dockingport is no longer present, and one of the USB ports has USB 2.0 speed instead of 3.0.
When the E470 and its bigger brother E570 will hit the US shores is not clear yet.