Deal | Latest Alienware m15 R4 with Core i7, 144 Hz display, and GeForce RTX 3060 Advanced Optimus now shipping for $1456 USD
Unlike a lot of other gaming laptops out there, the Alienware laptop series is named in such a way that it's very easy to tell which models are newer or older. The Alienware m15 R4 is the latest 15.6-inch model succeeding the Alienware m15 R3 and, by extension, the R2 and R1.
Dell is currently shipping its Alienware m15 R4 model with a full year of onsite/in-home services for no additional fees. Such warranty options typically aren't included in the standard one-year limited warranty.
The Core specifications are also respectable considering the price and high-end chassis. Users are getting an octa-core Comet Lake-H CPU, 144 Hz display with 3 ms response times and full sRGB coverage, and a GeForce RTX 3060 GPU with G-Sync support. We can't confirm the target TGP of the GPU, however, which can range from 60 W to as high as 115 W on paper. We can only assume that the laptop is aiming for a high TGP ceiling since this is an Alienware, after all.
Keep in mind that the current configuration comes with a standard membrane-based integrated keyboard with four-zone RGB lighting. Dell is set to launch SKUs with brand new Cherry mechanical keys next month. The Alienware m15 R4 is otherwise visually identical to the m15 R3 with no major external changes. Expect our full review on the m15 R4 in the weeks ahead.
- 15.6-inch FHD display, 144 Hz, 3 ms, 300 nits, 100% sRGB, G-Sync and Advanced Optimus
- Core i7-10870H CPU
- GeForce RTX 3060 w/ 6 GB GDDR6 VRAM
- 512 GB PCIe M.2 SSD (upgradeable)
- 16 GB DDR4-2933 RAM (soldered)
- Wi-Fi 6 Killer AX1650 w/ Bluetooth 5.1
- 3x USB-A, HDMI 2.1b, mini DisplayPort 1.4, Thunderbolt 3, Alienware Graphics Amplifier, RJ-45, 3.5 mm combo audio, Wedge-shaped lock, MicroSD reader
- 19.9 x 360.3 x 275.92 mm
- 2.11 to 2.5 kg