Here's all we know about the upcoming Redmi K30 ahead of its launch
Xiaomi will launch the Redmi K30 on December 10 in China. The K30 is the successor to the very successful Redmi K20 that was released earlier this year, and the company will be hoping to match that commercial achievement with this iteration of the device. Over the past week, we've had multiple leaks and official teasers by the company, so there's not a lot we don't know at this point.
Here's a rundown of what we do know about the Redmi K30.
- A 6.67-inch display.
- A dual selfie camera setup, with a punch-hole design similar to the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. A 20 MP sensor, plus a depth sensor.
- A hybrid sim slot. No dedicated MicroSD slot. A quad-camera setup. A 64 MP Sony IMX 686, an ultra-wide-angle shooter, a macro sensor, and a depth sensor.
- No telephoto lens.
- A 4500 mAh battery, with 30 W fast-charge.
- 4G and 5G variants. The 5G model will likely be powered by the Snapdragon 765G, while the 4G model could use the Snapdragon 730G.
- A side-mounted fingerprint reader.
Evidently, there's not much hidden about the Redmi K30 at this point. The only major standout is its display, as it's still unconfirmed if it'll feature an LCD or AMOLED. We hope it's the latter, though. We won't have to wait for much longer to find out, in any case; launch is just two days away.