Garmin rolls out new software update to Fenix 7 series with numerous bug fixes
Garmin has released a new update for the Fenix 7, one of the company's flagship smartwatch series. According to a blog post, Garmin has issued software version 8.37, upgrading the Fenix 7 series from version 8.35. Although Garmin has not confirmed how large the update is, it has outlined the changes that it has included in version 8.37.
Specifically, Garmin has added the option of deleting a Strength workout on the device itself, rather than through its smartphone app. Also, Fenix 7 owners can now add workout-related 'interval' fields, such as distance, pace, reps speed and time, on any configurable data screen. Incidentally, version 8.37 improves how installation angle reset works with bike power meters.
Elsewhere, Garmin has bundled over a dozen bug fixes, along with updated translations. For example, version 8.37 should address an issue where a Fenix 7 smartwatch would show 'Storage Full' notifications incorrectly. As always, new software is downloadable on the Fenix 7 directly, or through the Garmin Express program on Mac and PC. The full bug fix list for version 8.37 is as follows:
- Fixed issue causing roads to not draw on the map at times.
- Fixed issue where Connect IQ glances would not show if multiple were present.
- Fixed issue causing erroneous Storage Full messages.
- Fixed inability to calibrate treadmill distance.
- Fixed issue causing manual Wi-Fi sync to fail with server connection error.
- Fixed inability to remove Connect IQ apps via phone.
- Fixed a few UI issues with the Tides app.
- Fixed a potential shutdown with multisport activities when using Connect IQ data fields.
- Fixed not being able to re-add the main data screen in the Fish activity.
- Fixed issue where the Health Snapshot activity could connect to external sensors.
- Fixed an issue where the golf map and green contours would not be drawn correctly after a fresh download to the device.
- Fixed golf green contour line density in some scenarios.
- Fixed issue with power modes in activity reverting to normal mode.
- Fixed issue causing some users to receive poor Cycling VO2 Max and Performance Condition estimates.