Garmin Epix 2 series receives copious bug fixes and a few new features with latest software update
Garmin has released software version 8.37 to the Epix 2, which starts at US$899.99 in the US. While the Epix 2's new software has the same build number as an update that Garmin recently issued for the Fenix 7, it has a different changelog. Seemingly, Garmin has brought the same new features to both the Epix 2 and the Fenix 7, which Garmin describes as:
- Added ability to delete Strength workouts from device.
- Added the ability to add workout related "interval" fields (speed, pace, time, distance, and reps) to any configurable data screen.
- Added feedback for installation angle reset for bike power meters.
Also, Garmin claims to have updated translations on the Epix 2, albeit without providing any additional details in this regard. Moreover, software version 8.37 contains 16 bug fixes that Garmin hopes will improve the Epix 2 in numerous areas. Specifically, Garmin states that it has made the following changes:
- Fixed issue causing roads to not draw on the map at times.
- Fixed issue where Connect IQ glances would not show if multiple were present.
- Fixed issue causing erroneous Storage Full messages.
- Fixed inability to calibrate treadmill distance.
- Fixed issue causing manual Wi-Fi sync to fail with server connection error.
- Fixed inability to remove Connect IQ apps via phone.
- Fixed a few UI issues with the Tides app.
- Fixed a potential shutdown with multisport activities when using Connect IQ data fields.
- Fixed not being able to re-add the main data screen in the Fish activity.
- Fixed issue where the Health Snapshot activity could connect to external sensors.
- Fixed an issue where the golf map and green contours would not be drawn correctly after a fresh download to the device.
- Fixed golf green contour line density in some scenarios.
- Fixed issue with power modes in activity reverting to normal mode.
- Fixed issue causing some users to receive poor Cycling VO2 Max and Performance Condition estimates.
- Fixed issue with Pulse Ox history graph.
- Fixed issue with Connect IQ watch face low power timeout not respecting system display timeout setting.
The latest update for the Epix 2 follow software version 8.35 and is downloadable through the main settings menu. Alternatively, you can install software version 8.37 through the Garmin Express program, available on devices running Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11) and Windows 7 SP1 or newer.