EA brings the legendary Wake Island to Battlefield V
EA may have released Battlefield V over a year ago now, but it is still bringing new maps to the first-person shooter. Initially launched with three episodic campaigns, EA introduced a fourth episode last December, which it has since followed up with a fifth called "War in the Pacific". The latter originally added two maps, Pacific Storm and Iwo Jima, which EA has now complemented with Wake Island, a fan favourite first seen in Battlefield 1942.
Wake Island is now twice as large as it was 17 years ago, with EA bringing land, sea and air battles to the classic map. The reimagining also looks drastically better than it did in Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield 1943. EA has included six capture points that it has evenly spread across the island, which you can view below. EA recommends the following for succeeding on Wake Island too:
- In Breakthrough, attackers get tanks in the first sector, defenders don't. If you're attacking, take advantage of this. Also, if you spot defenders hiding in the Hotel, take it down! Defenders can build Fortifications to counter this.
- Attackers can find ways to destroy the Hangar as well. Defenders should set up tank traps as soon as possible to stop the tanks from moving into the Hangar.
- Some of the bunkers can be destroyed, some cannot. Defenders can use the tunnels leading to the bunkers to their advantage by creating a choke point.
- The last sector is the prime target for calling in artillery or rocket Reinforcements. Use them.
- Do not underestimate the small boats! They are fast, nimble, and perfect for flanking.
Wake Island is available to download for free now on all platforms.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros