MWC 2016 | Archos 50d Oxygen Android smartphone coming in May
French company Archos recently announced a strong revenue increase last year, and earlier this week it unveiled a new member of the Oxygen family, the upcoming 50d smartphone. Although still one affordable mid-ranger like its siblings, the 50d Oxygen offers a few attractive highlights, including a full HD IPS display and a 13 MP main camera.
Archos 50d Oxygen has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.3 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6753 with ARM Mali-T720 MP3 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 5-inch IPS multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and 440 ppi
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP with autofocus and flash LED on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-SIM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 2100 mAh (removable)
The price of this handset in the US is expected to be around $150 USD while the United Kingdom will get it for £129 GBP - currently almost $190 USD. The 50d Oxygen will be on display at MWC 2016 between February 22nd and 25th, where Archos will be found in Hall 1, booth 1G29.