MWC 2016 | Archos announces Diamond 2 Plus
Next to the larger Archos Diamond Note 2, this French maker of affordable yet powerful devices announced the Diamond 2 Plus smartphone. This 5.5-inch handset will be present at Mobile World Congress as well and, according to the company's CEO, they aim to become the first company to launch a phone with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage for less than $230 USD.
Archos Diamond 2 Plus is expected to launch packing the following highlights:
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P10 SoC with Mali-T860MP2 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 64 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS 2.5D multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 8MP front, 20 MP on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB Type C
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery/Autonomy: 3000 mAh with fast charging
This handset also has a fingerprint sensor. It will hit the US market in May, where it will retail for $229 USD (in Europe, its price will be over $250 USD, depending on location - up to roughly $28 USD in the UK). At MWC, Archos can be found in Hall 1, at booth 1G29.