Toshiba launches two new Satellite C55-C SKUs
Toshiba has been slowly updating its selection of notebooks for the past few months. The latest refresh is for the Satellite C550-C series with two additional models: The C55-C-1WG in Black and C55-C-1WH in White color options.
Specifications for the budget 15.6-inch notebooks include a Core i3-5005U Broadwell CPU, 256 GB M.2 SSD, 2x USB 2.0, 100 Mbit Ethernet, and HDMI-out. WLAN features are different between the two models with the C55-C-1WG benefiting from 802.11ac while the C55-C-1WH only gets 802.11n. Otherwise, both will carry Windows 10 Home 64-bit as standard.
Purchases made before March 31, 2016 can take advantage of Toshiba's free extended warranty program valued at around 200 Euros. Buyers can benefit from both a three-year warranty extension and one-year protection against theft, malware, and accidental damage for no additional costs.
The manufacturer recently recalled a significant range of notebooks earlier this year due to faulty battery packs.
Toshiba Satellite C55-C-1WG specifications:
- Display: 15.6-inch, Toshiba TruBrite TFT with LED backlight, 16:9, 1366 x 768 resolution
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit (pre-installed)
- Processor: Intel Core i3-5005U (3 MB 3rd Level Cache)
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500
- Storage & RAM: 256 GB M.2 SATA, 4 GB DDR3L RAM (1600 MHz),
- Maximum RAM: 16 GB
- Connectivity: WLAN 802.11ac + a/b/g/n, Fast Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0 + LE, Wireless Display compatible, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, HDMI-out with Ultra HD 4k support, 1x RJ-45, 1 x SD reader, HD Webcam with built-in Stereo microphone
- Optical drive: DVD drive (Double Layer)
- Color: Black
- Starting price: 649 Euros
The Satellite C55-C-1WH is also available in Pearl White for the same starting price of 649 Euros.