Archos unveils 50d Helium Android smartphone
French company Archos moves on by adding a new member to the Helium family of handsets, not long after the unveiling of the 50 Helium Plus. This new handset is called 50d Helium and offers a rich set of features for just $129 USD, sporting a design that reminds of the notorious OnePlus One.
Archos 50d Helium has the following highlights:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5-inch IPS multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP back with autofocus and LED flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with WiFi direct and hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS with A-GPS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: lithium-ion 2100 mAh
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.34 pounds; 5.75X2.84X0.33 inches
This handset comes with dual SIM/dual standby capabilities and will be available in Storm Blue and Stone Grey. It should reach the US market later this month.