Archos Diamond S smartphone coming in November
Archos unveiled earlier this week a new smartphone that will join the Diamond family of products later this fall, namely the Diamond S. According to the official press release, this 4G LTE Android handset packs a "powerful octa-core processor, exceptional specifications, and sexy design," all for less than $250 USD.
Archos Diamond S has the following specs and features:
- Processor: MediaTek MT6753 SoC with Mali-T720 MP3 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 5-inch Super AMOLED multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 16 MP with LED flash and autofocus on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, micro SIM dual-active, WiFi with hotspot and WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: lithium-ion 2300 mAh
This smartphone will be on display at IFA 2015 in Berlin, in Hall 4.2/121. Archos will begin to sell it in November for £159.99 GBP - roughly $245 USD at current exchange rate.
Archos (PDF press release)
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros