Archos unveils 50 Helium Plus and 55 Helium Plus Android smartphones
French smartphone and tablet maker Archos announced yesterday the addition of two new 4G LTE-capable smartphones to the Helium family. These new handsets are called 50 Helium Plus and 55 Helium Plus. According to Archos, they will hit the market next month, priced at $109 USD and $139 USD.
Archos 50 Helium Plus and 55 Helium Plus have similar features, although there are a few differences as well:
- Processor: 64-bit MediaTek MT6735P
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 5-inch and 5.5-inch IPS multitouch, both with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP with autofocus and flash on the back
- Connectivity: WiFi with WiFi Direct and Hotspot, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS with A-GPS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Size/Weight: 5.63X2.79X0.36 inches and 0.35 pounds (50 Helium+), 6.1X3.07X0.33 inches and 0.37 pounds (55 Helium+)
- Battery: Lithium-Ion 2040 mAh (50 Helium+) and 2400 mAh (55 Helium+)
Both handsets come with dual SIM/dual standby capability and feature Archos Fusion Storage, a technology that combines the internal memory with the space offered by an external microSD card.