Archos announces Diamond Tab 4G tablet
French maker of affordable tablets, smartphones, and other devices Archos announced yesterday the first in a new line of products, namely the Diamond Tab. According to the official press release, Archos Diamond Tab is the company's first octa-core 4G LTE slate and also the first tablet to join the Diamond family. The mid-range Diamond S smartphone will also launch later this fall, but will be on display at IFA next week.
Archos Diamond Tab has the following specs and features:
- Processor: MediaTek MT8752 SoC with Mali T760-MP2 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 7.9-inch IPS capacitive multitouch with 2,048X1,536 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n with hotspot and WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: lithium-polymer 4,800 mAh
This tablet will be on display at Archos' booth at IFA starting September 4, in Hall 4.2/121. The Diamond Tab will go on sale online in October via Archos' webstore, priced at roughly $275 USD.
Archos (PDF press release)